Applicants must verify the eligibility of COMEDK UGET 2019 before requesting the exam. COMEDK UGET is one of the most demanding entrance exams. More than 150 universities are member institutions of COMEDK. This is the computerized test of all of India, organized at the national level to provide UG engineering and architecture courses.
Admission to B.Arch courses will be done through the NATA score. The examining authority announces the eligibility criteria that guarantee the eligibility of the candidates. In this article, we provide the official eligibility criteria declared for UGET.
Academic qualification for engineering courses
|Qualifying Examination (QE)||10+2 or equivalent examination from an institution recognised by State / Central Government.|
|Compulsory subjects in QE||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English|
|Qualifying Marks in QE||General category candidates – 45% aggregate in PCM|
|SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka – 40% in aggregate of PCM|
COMEDK UGET 2019 Eligibility
For Engineering and Architecture courses, the eligibility conditions are given below:
UG Engineering Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: The aspirants must have passed 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or its equivalent examination from the recognized board.
- Subjects: Aspirants should complete the last two years of study with PCM and English as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum Marks: Aspirants should qualify the above examination with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST and OBC category of Karnataka) in PCM subjects.
- Pass these subjects individually.
- Aspirants please note down that you must have Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subject along with any optional subject as Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma Holders: COMEDK UGET 2019 will not be conducted for the diploma aspirants because there are no lateral entry admissions.
- Aspirants have to produce original marks card of the qualifying examination during the counselling process.
UG Architecture Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Those who are interested for the architecture courses must have complete 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or its equivalent examination which is recognized by the State/Central Government.
- Subjects: Pass above examination with Mathematics as one of the mandatory subject.
- Diploma Holder: Aspirants having 10+3 diploma recognized by the central/state government can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: The percentage criterion of 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) is required in the qualifying examination.
- NATA Score Card: Must have appeared in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture and secure minimum 80 marks out of 200 (for all category aspirants).
- No entrance test will be organized for admission to B.Arch Courses.
- Those seeking admission in this architecture course have to apply for separate application for counselling.
Academic qualification for architecture courses
There will be no entrance test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course. Candidates must have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 in order to be eligible for admission to B.Arch course.
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019- Important Points
- Candidates from all over India can apply for COMEDK UGET 2019.
- Candidates applying for COMEDK UGET reservation of seats under SC/ST/OBC must be from Karnataka.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the entrance test as there will be no lateral entry admissions.
COMEDK UGET 2019
COMEDK UGET 2019 will be conducted by Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) for admission to around 29 UG engineering courses in nearly 150 participating institutes across Karnataka. COMEDK UGET 2019 is held for 180 marks covering questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The test is held in the online mode and facilitates admission to approximately 20,000 engineering seats. Over 70,000 candidates registered for COMEDK UGET last year.
An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list
Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
If you have any other Questions related to COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019, you may ask your Queries by commenting below.